Rules and TOS
You are not to upload any type of Content, programs, software, media, or MP3 files to our server unless you are the full owner and have all rights to the Content in question. Copyrighted files not belonging to Members or Guests posting those files may be deleted without notice. You agree that you will not originate any Content that may be described in any part by any of the following descriptions.
Content Rules (You cannot have any of the following..)
- c.1 – “Adult”, pornographic, obscene, mature or graphically violent Content
- c.2 – Offers for or the solicitation of prostitution, erotic, or sexual services
- c.3 – Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organization
- c.4 – Pirated software or media, including music, videos, images, “Warez,” and other illegal or copyrighted software and Content
- c.5 – Hacking, cracking or “phishing” related content
- c.6 – Copyrighted software which has been “cracked” (e.g., copyright protection for the software has been removed)
- c.7 – Making available serial numbers for software which can be used to illegally validate or register software
- c.8 – Making available tools which can be used for no purpose other than “cracking” software
- c.9 – Any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- c.10 – Anything related to illegal activity, including defamation, threats, or harassment
- c.11 – Excessive profanity
- c.12 – Gambling or casino-related content
- c.13 – Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- c.14 – Sales or distribution of: beer or hard alcohol, tobacco or tobacco-related products, prescription drugs, weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns), products that are replicas or imitations of designer or other goods, coursework or student essays.
- c.15 – Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails.
Ad and link-back Rules
- a.1 – VlexoFree ads must be on all displayed pages of the member’s account including addon domains.
- a.2 – The ads must not be placed inside a popup or popunder.
- a.3 – The VlexoFree link-back must be on all displayed pages on the member’s account including addon domains.
Website Activities Rules (Important!)
You agree that you will not use the Services to engage in any of the following activities:
- wa.1 – “Spamming” to promote your website or Content, or engaging in unethical marketing, advertising, or any other practice connected in any way to “spam”
- wa.2 – Using scripts potentially harmful to the server, and/or are resource intensive.
- wa.3 – Harming minors in any way
- wa.4 – Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a VlexoFree official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity
- wa.5 – Stalking, threatening, defaming, or otherwise harassing another
- wa.6 – Forging titles or otherwise manipulating identifiers to disguise the origin of any Content used with Services
- wa.7 – Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party
- wa.8 – Promoting pyramid or Ponzi schemes or any scam or scheme intended to generate money
- wa.9 – Offering for sale or sell any item, good or service that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation; you do not have full power and authority under all relevant laws and regulations to offer and sell, including all necessary licenses and authorizations; or that VlexoFree determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale
- wa.10 – Soliciting personal information, passwords, or other data for commercial, unlawful, unethical, or dishonest purposes
- wa.11 – Attempting to interfere with, disrupt, or break into Services, networks, servers, equipment, or Content related to the Services
- wa.12 – Violating in any way any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations pertaining to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and public or private exchanges
- wa.13 – Setting up a “gateway” site on the VlexoFree server. A “gateway” site is one which serves only as an entrance to the actual site located on a non-VlexoFree server
- wa.14 – Using web space for ‘data warehousing’ that is, using our space as storage for large files which are only linked from other sites
- wa.15 – Using proxy scripts or torrent scripts
- wa.16 – Using an account mainly for testing purposes
- mr.1 – Web pages/sites should be in English (recommendation, not rule)
- mr.2 – Page should be active, meaning it should have a proper website/forum up and running, instead of the generic directory page. After 20-30 days have passed for inactive accounts, they will subject to suspension or termination
- mr.3 – Content on VlexoFree’s server must not be password protected to hide potential TOS breaking content
- mr.4 – Duplicate/multiple accounts on our servers are highly prohibited, this means that your account (whether that be both of them) are subject to rule of termination/suspension. You are allowed one account per household.
- mr.5 – No illegal torrents.
- mr.6 – Rapidleech is not allowed.
- mr.7 – Forums, blogs, comment software, or related scripts should be maintained and updated and free from consistant spamming. (This keeps MySQL load down and accounts more secure)
Terms of Service
1. ACCEPTANCE AND DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Your continuing use of VlexoFree’s products, services, or websites (“Services”) is subject to the following terms and conditions of service (“Terms”). VlexoFree reserves the right to update and change the Terms at any time without notice. The most current version of the Terms will be available on our website. A violation of any of the Terms below may result in action by VlexoFree up to and potentially including the termination of your account and access to the Services, with or without warning.
VlexoFree Free web hosting is capable of giving away free hosting to users of the Internet by maintaining costs via personal funds and also advertisements. If you want us to be a stable free host, you have to give something back; in order for us to provide this service.
VlexoFree does not provide automatic backups for Members and it is the Members’ responsibility to make and download their own account’s backups. VlexoFree will not be held liable for data loss as a result of such things as a server crash, hard drive failure, and hacking.
As a Member, you are exclusively responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
You must provide a valid email address for any of VlexoFree’s Services.
By joining VlexoFree you may receive our VlexoFree E-News newsletter or Important announcements via email. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter by following the given instructions within the newsletter.
If you are 13 years of age or under you may not become a member of VlexoFree. The protection of children’s online privacy is very important to the VlexoFree Network. For that reason, it is our policy not to collect or maintain information at our web sites from those we actually know are under 13 and no part of our web sites is structured to attract anyone under 13.
3. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
VlexoFree reserves the right to cancel any account for any reason or no reason at all. VlexoFree provides web hosting to sites that abide by our Terms. You are entirely liable for all activities conducted through your account.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and website, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the website. You agree to immediately notify VlexoFree in writing of any unauthorized uses of the account or any other breaches of security. VlexoFree cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. You acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will VlexoFree be liable, in any way, for any acts or omissions by a Member or Guest, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
5. CONTENT, CONDUCT RULES AND OBLIGATIONS
You and any person who has access to your account must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content. VlexoFree reserves the right to remove Content which is deemed in VlexoFree’s sole discretion harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of the Terms or any rules or policies VlexoFree has in place at the time.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, goods, products, services or other materials (“Content”) are the sole responsibility of the Member or Guest who distributed such Content. You, and not VlexoFree, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available via VlexoFree’s services. VlexoFree does not control the Content posted via the Services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. In no way and under no circumstances will VlexoFree be liable for any Content. You are responsible for all risks associated with use of any Content. By your use and viewing of Content, you understand that VlexoFree does not review Content but that VlexoFree has complete rights to remove, alter, replace, or reproduce all Content.
VlexoFree is not responsible for the Content of any Member including home pages, forums, blogs, discussion groups, media and comments. We reserve the right to remove any Content that is in violation of our Terms. Members will be held legally responsible for the Contents of their web pages, including but not limited to use of copyrighted material without the permission of the author or posting material considered indecent for minors. The use of Services for illegal purposes is strictly forbidden and any account found to be or believed to be, in the sole discretion of VlexoFree, violating the law may be removed without notice.
By submitting a web page to VlexoFree or any other web page hosting service on The VlexoFree Network, you grant VlexoFree a royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide, unrestricted license to use, copy, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, create compilations including, and distribute such web page, and any associated Content, for the limited purposes of publishing and promoting the user’s web page in connection with the particular service with which the user has chosen to have the web page hosted and for publishing and promoting such web page elsewhere within the VlexoFree Network. Such license shall apply with respect to any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. This term will extend only for the duration of the user’s membership with the particular VlexoFree service. In the event that such membership is terminated, VlexoFree will relinquish all rights to the user’s Content following the duration of any applicable promotional activities ongoing at the time the membership is terminated.
All “rules” at the top of this page are also included in this section that you are agreeing to.
6. ADDITION TO FREE HOSTING USERS
In addition to our free hosted clients is that you have to follow and read our Terms of Service we require that you read it in it’s fullest extent as it can provide invaluable information as to why/if your account either got terminated/suspended. We require that our free hosted clients, for whatever package you are on, that you give something back to VlexoFree, in appreciation for the free hosting that we provide; for free. – Giving something back can be a required task, for example one of our plans require ads to be shown on the frontpage of your website; where one just requires a small link.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE VLEXOFREE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH NO WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, VLEXOFREE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, THE IMPLIED CONDITION OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU RELY ON ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission of VlexoFree.
Services may include advertisements through VlexoFree or third parties, as such advertisements may be necessary for VlexoFree to continue to provide Services. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that VlexoFree shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
Users, Members, and Guests agree not to contact any advertisers run on VlexoFree or VlexoFree’s sites in reference to the Services. If you have questions or problems regarding advertisements, please contact our support.
These terms of service not only apply to your account but to any account created under you if you have a reseller account.
By signing up to VlexoFree Web hosting, you are automatically agreeing to our Terms of Service; which our requests forms, require you to-do.
Updated: October 1, 2012: Added TOS statement about data loss.